Free Trip to Israel!
Taglit-Birthright Israel is a free 10-day trip to Israel for anyone who is: 18-26 years old, Jewish, and has never been a participant on a peer-trip to Israel. Hillel at Brandeis has been providing the Brandeis community with this incredible opportunity every year since the launch of Birthright in 1999. Hillel at Brandeis offers two Birthright trips every year, one during winter break and one at the end of the spring semester.
Let Hillel at Brandeis take you to the ancient walls of Jerusalem, the modern cities of Tel Aviv and Haifa! Come swim in the Dead Sea and Climb Masada for Sunrise! Let’s go hiking in the mountains of the Golan and the sands of the Negev Desert!
There are many advantages of applying to Birthright through Brandeis Hillel. We have a higher acceptance rate–usually over 80% of applicants are accepted for our trips compared to 50-60% nationally. We also provide experienced staff who are able to help students through the entire process, from registration through the trip itself.
Come join us for this once in a lifetime opportunity to go to Israel for free and learn more about yourself, your culture, and your history!
1. REGISTER WITH TAGLIT-BIRTHRIGHT ISRAEL BY COMPLETING THE FOLLOWING:
Section 1: General Information
- Please use full name as it is listed on your passport
- Your passport information does not need to be entered right away and can be added at a later date
Section 2: Contact Information
Section 3: Occupation / Education Information —this section will identify you as a Brandeis student
Section 4: Prior Israel Experience
Section 5: Trip Specfications
- Select IsraelExperts as your Trip Organizer
- Select Campus Connection. (You will be able to select the specific Brandeis trip in the secondary system.)
- Enter the referral code Brandeis28
- Write a short paragraph about why you want to go on Taglit-Birthright Israel (maximum 200 words)
Section 6: Trip Waiver
Section 7: Pay Your Fully Refundable Deposit
Section 8: Confirm Your Email
**Please note that at some point you may receive an automated message from Taglit-Birthright Israel that the trip is waitlist only. This does not indicate your final status with IsraelExperts, only a registration function of Taglit-Birthright Israel. We ask you to be patient and remain on the IsraelExperts list for your desired trip.
2. COMPLETE YOUR APPLICATION ON THE ISRAELEXPERTS INFOCENTER
Within 24-48 hours of registration you will receive an email from IsraelExperts. You will be asked to continue your application process using an IsraelExperts Infocenter profile created for you – the login information will be provided. Here you will need to follow these steps:
- At this point you will more exactly select the particular trip you want and during what month you want to travel
- Provide medical information including: medical needs, emergency contact information and medical insurance details
- Note your friend and/or family requests
- Upload passport (See step #3 below)
3. UPLOAD YOUR PASSPORT TO THE ISRAELEXPERTS INFOCENTER PROFILE
Follow the instructions on the Infocenter: photograph or scan the front page of your passport, save a legible copy (under 1 MB) and upload it to your Infocenter profile. Make sure:
- Your passport is valid for at least 6 months from your desired departure date from Israel
- Your personal information on the Taglit-Birthright Israel account exactlymatches information on your passport (passport #, full name, DOB)
4. COMPLETE AN INTERVIEW
You will receive information on scheduling an interview with IsraelExperts to determine your eligibility for the trip. Interviews are conducted by phone and typically last 15-20 minutes. You will also be required to have an on-campus interview with Eli. Following your interview, you may be required to submit additional documentation to support your application. *Please note that the timing of your interview will not affect your assignment status.
For more info Contact Eli Cohn